4.2.10

Google proves articulate men don’t exist

While searching for images to use at work (I needed pictures of business men, articulate, professional, etc. – that kind of image) I happen to do a Google search for “articulate men”. This is what came up in the results:

First off, let’s just address the obvious – Nike must be either totally oblivious or complete geniuses. In marketing we call this ‘knowing your audience’. It’s not until you get to the second line that there is any mention of footwear. Being from the Midwest, we have a very limited amount of time when one actually wears Thongs as footwear – so Thongs mean something totally different to me; and many others I’m sure.

So to see the very first result in Google come up as the Articulate Mens Thong was quite a treat let me tell you. Like there needs to be special thongs for wordy fellows as opposed to the thongs for your average grunting joe? Love it! I hope men of a certain diction enjoy “sliding into something a little more comfortable” each and every day.

Now, on to the fact that the second highest ranking belongs to BlogHer. My inner feminist is relishing in this one. Search for an articulate man and get a website run by women. And not just a site run by women, but the article cited is BY a woman. Thank you Bianca.

So, all of this leads me to believe that Google has just proved the existence of articulate men is--nada. Again, back to my original search; I was expecting to see links to actual men, pictures of them, their posts or sites or media. We all know that Google runs the planet, so if it doesn’t show up here I’m certain it (they) won’t show up anywhere.

Of course I’m sure this post will get flack from all the men out there that would categorize themselves as articulate. I know dears, I’m sure you’re very well spoken given the added confidence gained from the thong. But you have to admit this one is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment