3.2.10

Supermodel airbrushes labor and delivery

It's one thing to airbrush your photographs, Giselle, but please do us all a favor and refrain from airbrushing childbirth. I can't imagine anyone actually believes this crock!

From babycenter.com: Opening up about her bathtub birth, supermodel mom Gisele Bundchen says that her drug-free labor and delivery “didn’t hurt in the slightest.”

“I wanted to be very aware and present during the birth… I didn’t want to be drugged up,” she says of her son Benjamin’s birth in December. “So I did a lot of preparation, I did yoga and meditation, so I managed to have a very tranquil birth at home. It didn’t hurt in the slightest. The whole time my mind was focused in each contraction on the thought ‘my baby is closer to coming out.”
I like to imagine the real scenario included a lot of profanity, spitting and pummeling (at least until the ultra-exclusive-Supermodel-only-epidural kicked in)... as this lithe creature attempted to pass the equivalent of a football from her uterus into the world.  Oh, and Tom Brady?  Hiding in the bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. Melina Young HeadleyFebruary 4, 2010 at 6:17 PM

    Just one thing to add. . .since I agree with you completely. . .EVERY woman knows that you NEVER, EVER, EVER (even if it's true) say that your labor was a totally easy pain free experience. I haven't even given birth and I know this! It's cause for public and justified stoning.

    ReplyDelete